Thursday, April 27, 2006

Alpena hires Krafft for business operations

The Alpena IceDiggers ownership group announced yesterday the hiring of Bob Krafft as the Vice President and General Manager of Business Operations. Krafft will oversee all the business day-to-day operations of the hockey club.

"Bob is someone that we believe will help our organization grow bigger and better in Alpena," IceDiggers' president Michael J. Bihn said. "This is our home forever and with Bob's love of the IceDiggers he will help us become a permanent part of the Alpena community and keep the IceDiggers a winning organization both on and off the ice."

Krafft has spent the last six years working for Model Printing in sales and his duties included overseeing the entire sales department. Prior to joining Model Printing, he retired after 26 years of service in the Michigan State Police and Post Commander in Alpena.

"I'm very excited about having this opportunity to work with this fine organization," said Krafft. "The community has stepped up to provide great support for the IceDiggers and I'm looking forward to helping the team grow and prosper in Alpena for years to come."

This hiring will relieve the coaching staff from many of the business related duties and to further concentrate on their on ice responsibilities.

"I am very excited to have the opportunity to work with Bob," Alpena coach-GM Kenny Miller said. "He and I have become great friends since my family and I moved to Alpena and adding him to the organization is a big plus for the team as well as myself. I will be able to dedicate more of my time to the coaching side of the club."

No comments: