Monday, July 21, 2008

Ann Arbor native Duddy off to Ohio State

The Wichita Falls Wildcats of the North American Hockey League announced today that defenseman Sean Duddy has committed to Ohio State University for this coming fall.

In 56 regular-season games with the Wildcats in 2007-08, Duddy, from Ann Arbor, posted two goals and five points. He was also a plus-7.

“I’m excited to play in the CCHA which will allow my family and friends the opportunity to come and watch me play,” said Duddy, who turned 19 last week. “Ohio State was one of my top choices; they not only have a great hockey tradition, but were also one of the few schools that has the academic programs that are right for me.”

Duddy credits the organization and Wildcats coach-GM John Bowkus (Lansing) for helping mold him into a Division I player.

“Wichita Falls and Coach Bowkus played a huge role in my development,” said Duddy. “I’m grateful I had the opportunity to play for the city of Wichita Falls and Coach Bowkus.”

“Ohio State is getting a solid defenseman, but even more than that it’s getting a great character kid as well,” said Bowkus. “Sean has made huge strides in his development and we’re going to miss him.”

Duddy was slated to return to Wichita Falls this season, most likely as the team’s No. 1 defenseman.

“Sean would have been the top defenseman in the NAHL,” Bowkus added. “He’s worked his whole hockey life for an opportunity like this and I couldn’t be happier about his decision.”

Photo by RJ Meyer/NAHL

No comments: