Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Plymouth assistant Watson resigns

Plymouth Whalers assistant general manager and assistant coach Todd Watson resigned Tuesday.

“Todd and I have worked together for almost 11 years,” Plymouth coach-GM Mike Vellucci said. “I appreciate everything Todd has done for the organization. But with success, there are opportunities for everyone. I’ve said it many times – I couldn’t have done my job without Todd’s contribution. Nobody works harder. He will be missed by everyone in Plymouth and we wish him well.”

Watson was about to start his fifth season in Plymouth and his 11th within the Compuware system. He was part of a Whalers’ team that won the Ontario Hockey League championship last season and competed in the Canadian Hockey League’s MasterCard Memorial Cup Tournament in Vancouver in May.

Rumors are circulating that Watson may wind up being named the head coach of the Saginaw Spirit - stay tuned.

Photo by Walt Dmoch

No comments: