Friday, July 20, 2012

Flint captain Lay makes D-III choice

The Flint Jr. Generals of the NA3HL have announced that captain Andrew Lay is taking his talents to Wisconsin to Lawrence University and will play for the Vikings next year.

“Andy was a coach’s dream as a leader in the locker room and on the ice," said Flint coach Jeff Worlton. "He also takes pride in his substantial development at both ends of the ice."

"Andy being our local product makes the Flint area proud also," added Flint GM Kelly Cronk.

Lay was very humble when discussing his latest accomplishment.

"None of this would be possible without the solid support from my dad, Greg, and mom, Helene," said Lay. "(Lawrence coach) Mike Szkodzinski and (assistant coach) Kalle Larsson made the transitions required easy at this beautiful school. Not to mention the action-packed rivalry I witnessed between Adrian and Lawrence and the level of play just made me even more excited to get to work.

"The hockey program and the high levels of academics also stands out on my visit, which was a must for me and my parents."

No comments: