Sunday, September 02, 2012

Skill, youth, luck on the side of Spisak

Goals don’t come pretty for Jake Spisak, but nobody asks how, they just ask how many, right?

“I don’t score too many goals, but I take them any way I can get them,” said Spisak, a 16-year-old forward from Howell. “They always seem to go in off my head, my back, my butt, anywhere but off my stick. I just seem to always get the luckiest goals on Earth, but if that’s what it takes to help us win, I’ll take it.”

As one of the younger players on the Hartland Hounds, Spisak should still see immediate playing time while learning from some of the older players head coach Randy Montrose recruited this season.

“Jake is a player that makes things happen,” said Montrose. “He’s young and he’s learning, but I have already seen him improve during our summer skates and at camp and am looking forward to seeing how much more he can improve.

"The sky is the limit for Jake and he has youth on his side.”

Spisak also bring a winning pedigree with him as he was part of the Howell High School junior varsity team that won the Michigan Tier II state championship last spring.

Making the leap from JV to juniors is a major jump, but Spisak feels he’s ready for the challenge.

“The way I see it, playing here is the best of both worlds,” said Spisak. “A lot of kids my age have to leave the state to play juniors. I can stay here, sleep in my own bed each night and still go to my same high school. It’s a great opportunity here and the season can’t start soon enough.”

No comments: