Friday, October 12, 2012

Hartland's Bodziak close to joining team

As each day goes by, Zak Bodziak is getting closer and closer to putting on a Hartland Hounds’ jersey and suiting up in a game.

It’s been a long time coming.

Bodziak injured his shoulder in a game last year with Davenport University and then decided to play for the Hounds this season. The 19-year-old forward was one of the first signings for Hartland coach Randy Montrose over the summer, but has been working instead at getting his shoulder to 100 percent.

“I haven't been doing much rehab, but more along the lines of getting in the gym and trying to strengthen the muscle to prevent future injury,” said Bodziak, a Hartland native. ”The shoulder is feeling a lot better. I am starting not to feel major soreness after I lift, so hopefully that means it will be strong for me all season. My standards are set high just like anybody else, so we will just have to wait to see what happens.”

Not being on the ice has been a difficult task for Bodziak to face. He shouldn’t have to wait much longer as he believes doctors will clear him to play towards the end of October or at the beginning of November.

“I believe since I have decided to come back and play, watching from the sidelines is not something I can do,” Bodziak said. “It is almost as if I have to been on the ice to be satisfied. I have realized hockey means a lot to me and I can't not play.”

With the Hounds storming out of the gates in the inaugural Midwest Junior Hockey League season to the tune of a perfect 9-0-0 record thus far, Bodziak is pumped to join a team that he felt would be successful back in August.

”I feel the Hounds already have a lot of offensive power and I am hoping I can add to that,” said Bodziak. “I also want to contribute to defensive-zone coverage. The only thing I am going to try to do is play my best for the team and hopefully by playing my best, something will come out of it.”

No comments: