Friday, October 26, 2012

Newcomer Sergott back home with Hounds

Trevor Sergott has come home to the Hartland Hounds.

After starting the season in the Eastern Junior Hockey League with the Bay State Breakers, Sergott wanted more of an opportunity and decided to return to the friendly confines of home where the Hounds were more than welcoming.

“I heard about the Hounds from some of my old teammates from Howell High School who now play on the Hounds,” said Sergott. “I also know (Hartland coach) Randy Montrose from playing for him (at Howell) my freshman and junior years, so I know what kinds of systems he runs and what to expect.

“I am no stranger in the Hounds locker room. I have played with the majority of the guys before and two of my teammates, Jake Henrikson and Scott Augustyn, have been my best friends throughout all of high school.”

And if the surname Sergott sounds familiar, it should.

Keith Sergott, Trevor’s father, is a longtime CCHA referee and worked the 2012 Frozen Four. He also played at Ferris State University in the 1980s.

The younger Sergott, who also played AAA hockey for Belle Tire and Victory Honda, wants to make a name for himself as well.

“I am an offensive defenseman who likes to rush the puck, but also loves to play physical,” said Sergott. “I play hard every game and always think of myself as being hard to play against. I don’t look for fights, but I will always protect my teammates and drop the gloves if necessary.”

“Trevor is a very exciting player,” said Montrose. “He loves to hit and opponents always take note when he’s on the ice. He is a very honest player and a very hard-working player. I have seen him develop immensely over the years and so far, he has made the transition to junior hockey a seamless one.”

Doing whatever it takes to help the Hounds get two points each night is the ultimate goal for Sergott and if some individual success results, it’ll be gravy.

“This season from a personal standpoint, I hope to talk to some Division III schools and hopefully, get some offers,” Sergott said. “From a team standpoint, I expect nothing less than a national championship.”

No comments: