Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Rangers remove interim tag from Enders

Randy Enders has been named the full-time head coach of the Marquette Rangers.

Enders has served as the interim head coach of the Rangers since late last December and served as an assistant coach before that under former head coach Leigh Mendelson.

"Coach Enders assisted our club during a difficult time and has shown great leadership over the last several months. He has proven to be a quality coach and a quality person," said Rangers GM David Saint-Onge. "Since taking over in late December, Randy rallied our team and put us into the Robertson Cup playoffs. We are appreciative of his effort and results."

"I'm really pleased with the vote of confidence I've received from the organization," Enders said. "This year has been a great experience for me and I've grown a lot as a coach and person. The players really rallied when the change was made and their hard work and effort are a big part of this too. I'll always be grateful to them for that.

“Marquette is a great hockey community and the fans have been very supportive of our efforts and I'm anxious to keep things moving forward."

No comments: